Wednesday 2 October 2013

Galfrid the Thynne, Award of the Maidens Heart, 2012

Roasting meat that a cook doth please
Upon a spit of iron dear,
I vow that from over the Inland seas
Never have I tasted its peer.
Roast I this with softened cheese,
“Life is good,” I say with cheer,
For these things that tasting please
Under a sky blue and clear.
Alas! It is as I fear:
Many fighters I fed from my pot;
The food is gone, my mood is drear,
But tomorrow I cook again in this spot!

From our Lupine Thrones in Our [group hosting event] do We, Roak, King of Ealdormere by right of arms, and Elizabeth, by inspiration Our most gracious Queen, send greetings. Be it known that We do recognize the exemplary service of Galfrid the Thynne, who serves as pursuivant, event steward, exchequer and camp cook. We do here commend him and are pleased to bestow upon him the Award of the Maiden's Heart and the right to bear the badge of the award. Given this [day] day of [month], Anno Societatis [year], at [event], in testimony whereof We have set Our hands and seal.



By THLaird Colyne Stewart. Based on the poem Pearl (anonymous, circa 1400), as translated by J.R.R. Tolkien, in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl and Sir Orfeo, George Allen & Unwin Limited, 1975.

No comments:

Post a Comment